Waxing is never done on clients taking the medications listed below. Please read the label carefully and consult your dermatologist if you are taking any medication or using any topical cream that contains these medications.
• Accutane (Acne medication) – You must be off this medication treatment course a minimum of one (1) year prior to waxing.
• Adapalene (Acne medication)
• Alustra (Retin A)
• Avage (See Tazorac – Acne medication)
• Avita (See Retin A)
• Differin (Acne medication)
• Isotretinoin (See Accutane)
• Renova (See Retin A)
• Retin A (Acne and Anti-aging medication)
• Tazarac (Acne medication)
• Tazarotene (See Tazorac)
• Tretinoin (See Retin A)
If you are currently using any of the following, please inform your technician. These products can make the skin more sensitive.
• Other Acne medications not listed above
• Bleaching agents for hair (used mostly for upper lip)
• Bleaching agents for pigmentation of skin (Hydraquinone, Trilumena)
• Previous chemical depilatories such as Nair
• Benzoyl Peroxide (ProActive)
• Alpha Hydroxy Acids (Glycolic, Lactic)
• Oral Antibiotics
• Topical Antibiotics
• Salicylic Acid
• Other exfoliants
We look forward to making your experience with us unforgettable.